Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Raya across the South China Sea

We do have the redang, kari, lemang, etc..
Green Spot...lemonade, soda...

Blue Ice???

Stella Artois(The Official Beer of Sarawak)
Pictures courtesy of Nadai Nama Nama
Exterpt from the blog..
(Some more surprises came as some of the dishes and drinks served were rather different. This is served at the back of the house (kitchen area) which is an exclusive zone for special guests - I told myself that I must visit these very 'Sarawak' houses again next Raya. The food served included bamboo chicken and fish. That's the beauty of Sarawak - we share all our cultures without going to the extremes in our religous views. I would have loved to go to the extremes in my drinking but I was driving so I confined myself to just ten glasses per house. Hehehe... nah just joking. From my observation, Hari Raya celebration in Sarawak has not only embraced the Chinese 'ang pow' practice (for duit Raya) - but they have now also included some extra menus in the form of Sarawak food and drinks *hic*. The celebrants' idea is that Raya is for everyone and not for them alone. Don't you just love Sarawak and Sarawakians?)

Raya is celebrated differently over there. You would have relatives of different races coming together and celebrate. As friends, you would be treated also as a member of the familiy...

No comments: